Description of Job
The Youth Missioner will lead and develop St Nics ministries with teenagers and young adults in five key areas:
1. Leading our outreach work to young adults who do not yet know Jesus with an emphasis on working with sixth formers and FE students. Develop Relationships with educational establishments and community groups in the parish and elsewhere seeking to work with them in developing relationships and supporting their work with young people.
2. Working alongside the Youth pastor to support and nurture those young adults already at St Nics and to walk with them as they seek to develop their faith and discipleship
3. Work alongside the Prior of the community of St Cuthbert to build and develop spiritual support groups which encourage a lived discipleship across five rhythms of grace: prayer, study, hospitality, justice and witness.
4. Recruiting and developing support from within the congregation in addition to supporting and encouraging our existing volunteer leaders.
5. Working with the Diocese and other churches in Durham for joined up working to ensure our teenagers and young adults know they are part of the wider church operating across Durham
How to apply for the job
Please fill in the attached application form and send to the email address at the end of the job description